It's like a treat when you say "Where having Chicken Poppers for dinner!" My little ones love this recipe with ketchup, corn and baked fries.
1 lb ground chicken breast
2 cups grated zucchini
1/2 onions, chopped
3 tbsp cilantro, minced
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¾ tsp cumin
1.) Mix all ingredients.
2.) Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop meatballs into the pan. Cook for about 5-6 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook an additional 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown and the centers are cooked through.
1) Beat egg, water, salt, and pepper. Set 2 tablespoons bread crumbs aside; pour remaining bread crumbs into a large resealable plastic bag. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then place in bag and shake to coat.
2) Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet and cook chicken in browned. Remove chicken from pan. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet; cook and stir zucchini and garlic until zucchini is slightly tender. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
3) Sprinkle 2 tbsp reserved bread crumbs over zucchini. Top with tomato slices, mozzarella cheese, and basil. Place chicken on top of zucchini layer. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
My home made white sauce tossed with tomato spinach shells. Garlicky and yummy. My kids actually liked it.
1 lb tomato spinach shells or any pasta
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup light cream cheese
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground turmeric
2 cups milk
1/2 cup chicken broth
3/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
pinch of pepper and salt to taste
1) Boil tomato spinach shells, drain and set aside.
2) Boil chicken breast with salt and pepper. Drain and save the broth. Cool down chicken, shred and set aside.
3) Melt butter in medium heat. Add cream cheese, garlic powder, and ground turmeric. Stir with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, chicken broth, parmesan cheese, and shredded chicken. Add salt and pepper if needed. Cook until sauce reaches desired consistency. Toss with hot pasta to serve.