Groupon

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Shrimp De Jonghe

Created at de Jonghe's Restaurant in Chicago. This is one of my favorite Shrimp recipes from The Gourmet Cookbook (from my bff, Ireen Vallery, in 2005 for my Bday).

Ingredients:
1.5 lbs Large Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
2 Medium garlic cloves
Salt
1 Stick melted Butter (I use half the stick)
2 Tbsp Medium-dry Sherry
1/2 cup dry Bread Crumbs (I use soft wheat bread)
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup sliced almonds (I'm always missing this ingredient)


Directions:
1. Blanch Shrimp in boiling water, drain, pat dry, and arrange in baking dish.
2. Mince and mash garlic, add a pinch of salt, stir together w/ Butter and Sherry in a bowl. Add
Bread Crumbs, parsley, & salt&pepper to taste.
3. Dot Shrimp with crumb mixture and sprinkle w/almonds.
4. Bake for 15 mins. at 400 degrees F.

Serve with lemon wedges, rice and veggies. Baked potato is also good instead of rice.

Wild Planet 27286 Wild Pink Shrimp (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment