Groupon

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ground Beef and Veggies

Here's a recipe that I learned from my childhood best friend, Jasmin. It's been years since I saw her last, but I always think of her whenever I make this meal.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 cup carrots (chopped)
1 cup potatoes (cut in cubes)
1 cup celery (cut)
1/4 cup onions or scallions (chopped)
2tsp Maggie Savor (optional) you can substitute soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Brown beef then add onions.
2. Sprinkle salt & pepper and add Maggie savor or soy sauce.
3. Add Veggies
4. Turn off stove when veggies are done. Add more salt if needed. Serve with white rice.

Serves 4

Note: This is the original recipe from my friend. Although, you can use your own favorite veggies. For our supper tonight I used Mushrooms, Celery, & Yellow pepper. It was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment